Today is my first day of Xmas/NY holidays. I’m back at work on the 18th of January so I have… (that was me counting) 26 days of mostly free time on my hands. I say “mostly free time” but what I really mean is “free in theory but in practice I actually have heaps to do”.
- Planning a wedding
- Thinking about what courses I want to take at uni seeing as I’m meant to start back in March
- Re-stocking our photo board and wall of photo frames
- Get back into the habit of writing more frequently
- Maybe finish a book or two before uni starts up
- Hmmm… I think that’s it aside from the usual social activities and accompanying hangovers. Who knows? Maybe some exercise, although let’s not get too ambitious.
At the moment, I feel both free and a little overwhelmed. Where to begin? My mind wanders from task to task. It’s acutely aware of the things I want to get done and seems to be trying to do them all at once. A recipe for disaster in my book.
I want this time to be relaxing but I need it to also be productive. Because what doesn’t get done now is going to take twice as long once I’m back at work and about 70 times longer once uni starts. I like to think I perform well under pressure though so we’ll see how it all pans out.
Image credit: Words and Quotes