So, it seems I like to be challenged even less than I thought. I’m taking next study period totally off. I was going to do full time, then I dropped to part time and now I’m doing nothing at all. My excuses are as follows:
- Going from full time to part-time meant my finish date would change from August 2017 to November 2017. Finish date remains the same if I start back full time in November, which is the plan so no real loss there
- If I start in November (last week of November to be exact), I have a month and a half of pure study-free bliss after the wedding
- I have quite a bit of craft-y wedding stuff I want to do, which will be a bit time consuming
- I’m struggling to focus on uni work with all the little bits and pieces going on with the wedding and obviously the wedding stuff is more fun so everything uni-related just gets left to the last minute
- Maybe just maybe giving up study for three months will mean that I will get to the gym (or do some kind of exercise) and maybe even start cooking at home a bit. This one is last for a reason (let’s remain realistic, shall we?).
Jared laughed when I told him I’d nixed out of next study period, which is fair enough. I don’t have a very good track record for commitment (aside from staying with him) so it’s totally understandable that he would think I’m giving up on this. I’m not planning to though. If there’s one fucking thing in this world that I see out to the end, it will be this fucking degree. I’ve come too far to give up now and have it all go to waste! I just want to give myself the space to get everything done without being stressed. And frankly the thought of being study free again has me so excited. All that tiiiiiiime. All the stuff I could (but probably won’t) accomplish. Positivity, Natalie. Positivity.
Image credit: Laura in Wonderland